Saturday, May 1, 2010

ScrapMatters Blog Train!

Hello there!! And welcome to your next stop on the ScrapMatters [inter]National Scrapbooking Day blog train. This train has stops ALL OVER THE WORLD!!! You have probably just come from Tater's blog, and now you're here at my little home on the web, Becca's Paper View. I'm Becca, aka becca372, and I'm so excited to have you stop by!

Our iNSD mega-collab at SM this weekend is called "Moments that Matter" and the whole theme of our celebration is all about those moments in our lives that really matter. At each stop you'll find a story about a Moment that Matters along with a freebie!! There are TONS of stops on this blog train, so you can pick up a LOT of goodies!!

I have so many moments that really matter in my life...one has really been with me this month though. My grandfather's health had been declining pretty steadily through the past year, and we tried to make trips over to visit, but didn't always get there as often as we would have liked. At the end of March, he really wasn't doing well, but we had an opening where everyone in our family was actually healthy, so my parents, husband, and I took my kids over to visit. My grandpa was up and out of bed, sitting in his chair, and he seemed to enjoy our visit. He seemed to be in good spirits, smiling and laughing a bit at my little girls, reaching out to give my hand a squeeze as I walked by, which was something he always did to us, and, when it was time to leave, giving both of my little girls a kiss. That was really and truly his last night of feeling okay, of being out of bed. Within a few days, he was bed bound, and within less than a week, he had passed away. We lost him on April 3 of this year. One of the things that means the most to me right now is that he had those moments of happiness watching my girls, and that he was able to share his love with them, and that we were able to share our love with him, and make his last "good" night a good one. Those are definitely moments that matter to me. I still need to scrap that story...maybe getting it on to the page here will help me with the process of getting it on to a scrap page.

Anyway...if you have moments that matter to you, then you need the gorgeous kit that the SM Design Team has put together for you this {i}NSD. Moments That Matter is a gorgeous kit, and I had a great time using it! I've put together a stacked paper for you, made with the kit, and I hope you enjoy it! Here's a preview:



SORRY THIS DOWNLOAD HAS EXPIRED. You can find the whole blog train offering in ScrapMatters shop.

Now, I don't use 4shared very often, and I tried to test this out...but if something goes horribly wrong with it, please just leave me a *nice* comment, and I'll be checking back to try to puzzle it all out...

I created this layout with my freebie...at first glance, the story and layout may not seem to go together...but my wedding date is shared with my grandparents...they eloped on July 1, 1939. So my wedding day was their 67th wedding anniversary. So looking at my wedding pictures often makes me think of them.


Now, don't forget, you should have gotten to me from Tater's blog, and now you are heading TO:

Sara's blog,

where you will find even more amazing stuff!

And also keep in mind, you only have until May 6 to follow the blog train, after that, all these gorgeous goodies are going to be packaged up and sold in the ScrapMatters shop!

Thanks for coming to visit, enjoy your trip to Sara's home on the web, and all the rest of the stops on this amazing blog train! (and hey, my poor sad blog and I hope you come back soon...I'll try to post more often!).

Becca

1 comments:

lavatea said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a great moment to share.